One West Fourth Street, Suite 2400
Cincinnati, OH 45202-3666
: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/drewlaw/www/www/pages/Attorneys/screens/profile.inc
on line 12
Managing Partner, 2009-2013; Partner, 2004-present; Associate, 1997-2004
- Representation of variety of business entities and individuals in transactional work and litigation-related matters.
- Responsible for wide variety of commercial transactions and corporate governance issues including: shareholder and employer relations, employment issues, non-compete agreements, discrimination claims, severance agreements, workers’ compensation claims, multi-state mergers and acquisitions, drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts, corporate policies and procedures, regulatory compliance, trade secrets, real estate issues, zoning, dispute resolution, general planning and consulting.
- Manage all aspects of employment litigation matters from inception through completion in Federal and State trial courts, appellate courts and supreme courts, EEOC, Ohio Civil Rights Commission, Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation.
- Clients include businesses in many industries, such as medical practices, manufacturing, hospitality, health care, information technology, and construction.
- Prepared and ran monthly partner meetings and annual retreats; attended to in-house partner and employee issues; managed day-to-day Firm operations with Operations Manager.
Areas of Practice:
Estate Planning & Probate
Ohio Bar, 1994
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1995
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2007
United States Supreme Court, 2009
U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2011
Second Circuit Court of Appeals, 2011
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2013
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky 2014
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio,1994
- Miami University, 1991
- Professional and Civic:
Member, Cincinnati Bar Association, Mid-Term Judicial Evaluation Committee 2006-2011
Secretary, Court of Appeals Committee, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2004-2006
Co-Chair, Membership Committee, Young Lawyers Section, Cincinnati Bar Association 2003-2006
Co-Chair, Social Committee, Young Lawyers Section, Cincinnati Bar Association 2002-2003
Helped create annual fundraiser for ProKids: Run for Kids, celebrated its 17th year in 2013.
Trustee, Hyde Park Neighborhood Council 2013-present
Co-Chair, Capital Campaign, St. Mary Church 2012-present
Member, Long Range Strategic Planning Committee, St. Mary Church/School 2011-present
Member, Finance Commission, St. Mary Church, Hyde Park 2006-2013
Fellow, Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) Class VII 2003
- Member, Cincinnati Bar Association 1994-present
Member, Ohio State Bar Association 1994-present
Ohio Rising Star (2005-2007, 2009) and Ohio Super Lawyer (2011-2013)
by Law & Politics Magazine: honor recognizing top attorneys in Ohio.
- 1st District of Ohio Court of Appeals, Clerk